Shopping for History, a Firebird Doll, Pact and Ozone Socks
At the Shop of the Library of Congress:
Little Librarian will provide book lovers with everything they need to transform their book collection into a library. Kids can practice the important skills of organizing, sharing, borrowing, and returning. Book pockets, check out cards, library cards, and bookmarks are just like the ones from a real library. Little librarians will issue overdue notices and awards. Favorite book memories can be stored in a reading journal and shared with friends. To get started, just add books!*
Contains 7 file folders, 15 book pockets, 15 book cards, 4 library cards, 4 reading awards, 2 bookmarks, 6 overdue slips, 1 reading journal. $19.95
Creation silk scarf (right) : The design of this heavily screened silk scarf embodies part of the biblical creation story from Genesis, as interpreted by Sir William Richmond. Hand-screen printed on 100% silk twill, with hand-rolled edges. 35" square.
The Shop of the Library of Congress has a journal inspired by the hand-stamped due date cards from libraries in days gone by, this clever journal has sections for keeping track of books to read, favorite passages in books you have read, and books loaned and borrowed, plus a handy pocket for review clippings.
Showcase this Declaration of Independence baseball and celebrate American principles. The full-sized baseball features the date July 4, 1776 and portions of the document's text. 2.75" diameter
Women Who Dare is a book written about both the women of the north and south in the Civil War and whose courage and daring brought them into the fray, whether by donning men's clothes and fighting as soldiers, becoming spies, working as nurses in the bloody battlefields, or becoming propagandists for the Cause. Acting out of patriotism, personal commitment, or simple unwillingness to be left behind, these women accepted the dangers and privations of war and earned their place in history.
Pages: 1 · 2
- House and Home, a Traveling Exhibition: There’s No Place Like ...
- Pretty Girl: Girl with a Pearl Earring makes a stop at The Frick in New York, the last leg of its American tour
- Culture Watch: J.K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy and Larson's In the Garden of Beasts
- We'll Always Have Frances, Emma, The Little Prince and Middlemarch
- The Dickens 200th Birthday Celebration in 2012
- NYPL Digital Collection of Apartment Houses; Shop Their Finds
- Infinite Jest and Met Museum Shopping
- Consider CultureWatch's Four Gift Book Suggestions: Murder, Assassination, Racial Hatred and Ageism
- Her Majesty the Queen’s Painter and Limner in Scotland
- Vienna 1900:Style and Identity