Shopping at Santa Monica's Museum of Art
We haven't come across a museum shop that we'd like to plunder for a while, but now Santa Monica's Museum of Art Shop does it for us. Quirky, amusing, hip.
A bit of a warning, though ... the site is slow-loading but be patient. Tip: Check the 'All' box.
We know just the right recipients for this Cats Attack scratching post: "Does Fluffy have dreams of grandeur? Our new cardboard cityscape scratcher can help her fulfill those dreams by allowing her to reenact her favorite 1950s horror film. Cat Attack, designed by Mat Lyon for Luckies of London is a natural scratch post designed to keep kitty’s destructive nails from your upholstery."
A little late for Father's Day, but perhaps a birthday. Gent's Deck: 50 Style & Etiquette tips, in your pocket. "Perfect for those situations in life where you need an ace up your sleeve. From proper revolving door etiquette to learning how to tie a Windsor Knot The Gentleman's Deck will help you become a man of the 21st century."
In this age of video games, apps and overly expensive toys, blocks still win. Here are four sets of blocks to play with: Hebrew, Chinese, Korean and Japanese. "This Hebrew aleph-bet block set offers a great way to educate a child with family heritage as well as learning a language. This set includes 27 blocks made from sustainable Michigan basswood, featuring Hebrew letters, numerals, and animal pictures."
Korean Blocks Lil' Genius: "Learn a new language, or perfect the one you know with this stunning set, made from sustainable Michigan basswood. The Korean character 32 block set includes 22 animals, the numbers 1-10 in English and Korean, a word construction grid, all of the Korean consonants and vowels, and a puzzle. 32 1.75" cubes (44mm)block set includes 22 animals, the numbers 1-10 in English and Korean, a word construction grid, all of the Korean consonants and vowels, and a puzzle. 32 1.75" cubes (44mm) Ages 2+."
Pages: 1 · 2
- A Quebec Odyssey With Joey: Becoming Immersed in Canadian History and French Culture
- An Undocumented Childhood and Bad Hair Days at the Annual School Picture
- Pets, Pleasures, a Black and White Great Dane and a Kleenex Cat
- The Paris of Toulouse-Lautrec at the MoMA: Women From All Walks of Life
- Celebrating a New Clark Institute in Williamstown, Massachusetts
- A Vanity Fair Cover and Shifting Gender Roles in World War I; Medical Corps & Red Cross Dogs
- Lady in Red: Perhaps Adjust Your Wardrobe and Alert Chris de Burgh To Re-release His Song
- It’s Not Just Snakes — Other Wild Creatures Inspire Exaggerated Fears, Too: Bats, Spiders, Birds, Fish — Yes, Fish
- The Hague's Mauritshuis Marvelous Renovation Revealed: International Allure
- To Travel in a Boat Together: A Canadian Museum's Wolf In A Copper Canoe; The Empress Of Ireland Exhibit
No feedback yet