Shopping at Santa Monica's Museum of Art
We haven't come across a museum shop that we'd like to plunder for a while, but now Santa Monica's Museum of Art Shop does it for us. Quirky, amusing, hip.
A bit of a warning, though ... the site is slow-loading but be patient. Tip: Check the 'All' box.
We know just the right recipients for this Cats Attack scratching post: "Does Fluffy have dreams of grandeur? Our new cardboard cityscape scratcher can help her fulfill those dreams by allowing her to reenact her favorite 1950s horror film. Cat Attack, designed by Mat Lyon for Luckies of London is a natural scratch post designed to keep kitty’s destructive nails from your upholstery."
A little late for Father's Day, but perhaps a birthday. Gent's Deck: 50 Style & Etiquette tips, in your pocket. "Perfect for those situations in life where you need an ace up your sleeve. From proper revolving door etiquette to learning how to tie a Windsor Knot The Gentleman's Deck will help you become a man of the 21st century."
In this age of video games, apps and overly expensive toys, blocks still win. Here are four sets of blocks to play with: Hebrew, Chinese, Korean and Japanese. "This Hebrew aleph-bet block set offers a great way to educate a child with family heritage as well as learning a language. This set includes 27 blocks made from sustainable Michigan basswood, featuring Hebrew letters, numerals, and animal pictures."
Korean Blocks Lil' Genius: "Learn a new language, or perfect the one you know with this stunning set, made from sustainable Michigan basswood. The Korean character 32 block set includes 22 animals, the numbers 1-10 in English and Korean, a word construction grid, all of the Korean consonants and vowels, and a puzzle. 32 1.75" cubes (44mm)block set includes 22 animals, the numbers 1-10 in English and Korean, a word construction grid, all of the Korean consonants and vowels, and a puzzle. 32 1.75" cubes (44mm) Ages 2+."
Pages: 1 · 2
- Creating a National Style: Painting Norway, Nikolai Astrup's Lush, Wild Landscapes and Traditional Way of Life at Home
- Elaine Soloway's Rookie Widow Series: A New Lease, Abstinence and Driving Miss Elaine
- Everything’s Just Peachy: Salvaging An Infuriating Day
- Beauty's Awakening Exhibit, the Museum's Shop, and the Knight Trueheart's Quest to Find and Awaken "the Spirit of All Things Beautiful"
- Houses and Passageways: Vermeer's The Little Street Whereabouts in Delft
- An Art Installation: Concepts of "Paradise," Sublime Landscape, and the Greater Northwest
- Class Distinctions: Is the Sitter's Dress Made of Silk or Coarse Wool? Dutch Painting in the Age of Rembrandt and Vermeer
- British Museum's Celtic Exhibit: A 700 AD Brooch of Silver, Gold and Amber Belonging to 'Melbrigda'
- Gold and the Gods, Jewels of Ancient Nubia: Lapis Lazuli, Blue Chalcedony, Amethystine Quartz, Carnelian and Enameling
- Utterly Unsuitable