Shopping at Santa Monica's Museum of Art
We haven't come across a museum shop that we'd like to plunder for a while, but now Santa Monica's Museum of Art Shop does it for us. Quirky, amusing, hip.
A bit of a warning, though ... the site is slow-loading but be patient. Tip: Check the 'All' box.
We know just the right recipients for this Cats Attack scratching post: "Does Fluffy have dreams of grandeur? Our new cardboard cityscape scratcher can help her fulfill those dreams by allowing her to reenact her favorite 1950s horror film. Cat Attack, designed by Mat Lyon for Luckies of London is a natural scratch post designed to keep kitty’s destructive nails from your upholstery."
A little late for Father's Day, but perhaps a birthday. Gent's Deck: 50 Style & Etiquette tips, in your pocket. "Perfect for those situations in life where you need an ace up your sleeve. From proper revolving door etiquette to learning how to tie a Windsor Knot The Gentleman's Deck will help you become a man of the 21st century."
In this age of video games, apps and overly expensive toys, blocks still win. Here are four sets of blocks to play with: Hebrew, Chinese, Korean and Japanese. "This Hebrew aleph-bet block set offers a great way to educate a child with family heritage as well as learning a language. This set includes 27 blocks made from sustainable Michigan basswood, featuring Hebrew letters, numerals, and animal pictures."
Korean Blocks Lil' Genius: "Learn a new language, or perfect the one you know with this stunning set, made from sustainable Michigan basswood. The Korean character 32 block set includes 22 animals, the numbers 1-10 in English and Korean, a word construction grid, all of the Korean consonants and vowels, and a puzzle. 32 1.75" cubes (44mm)block set includes 22 animals, the numbers 1-10 in English and Korean, a word construction grid, all of the Korean consonants and vowels, and a puzzle. 32 1.75" cubes (44mm) Ages 2+."
Pages: 1 · 2
- Elaine Soloway's Rookie Widow Series: Carless in Chicago, Un-couching The Potato & The Sign
- Clothes Encounters: Where were the modest plaid skirts, bow-tied blouses, and shiny loafers my girl friends and I wore to high school?
- SeniorWomen's Holiday Shopping: Geek Culture, Sparkly Slippers, Dressing Gowns, Central Park Plates, Spices & A Charity RatingSite
- Color Me Impulsive
- 2014: Books for Children and Young Adult Readers Certain to Make Good Holiday Presents
- Calm The Dog! Lightning Expected to Increase by 50 Percent With Global Warming
- The Frick's Scottish National Gallery Exhibit & Intimations of a Vleughels-Watteau Competition Over a Woman
- Terror and Wonder: Exploring Gothic culture's roots in British literature
- A Slightly Malicious Poetry Puzzle Perhaps Intended to Confuse and Mystify
- A Quebec Odyssey With Joey: Becoming Immersed in Canadian History and French Culture