Shopping at Santa Monica's Museum of Art
We haven't come across a museum shop that we'd like to plunder for a while, but now Santa Monica's Museum of Art Shop does it for us. Quirky, amusing, hip.
A bit of a warning, though ... the site is slow-loading but be patient. Tip: Check the 'All' box.
We know just the right recipients for this Cats Attack scratching post: "Does Fluffy have dreams of grandeur? Our new cardboard cityscape scratcher can help her fulfill those dreams by allowing her to reenact her favorite 1950s horror film. Cat Attack, designed by Mat Lyon for Luckies of London is a natural scratch post designed to keep kitty’s destructive nails from your upholstery."
A little late for Father's Day, but perhaps a birthday. Gent's Deck: 50 Style & Etiquette tips, in your pocket. "Perfect for those situations in life where you need an ace up your sleeve. From proper revolving door etiquette to learning how to tie a Windsor Knot The Gentleman's Deck will help you become a man of the 21st century."
In this age of video games, apps and overly expensive toys, blocks still win. Here are four sets of blocks to play with: Hebrew, Chinese, Korean and Japanese. "This Hebrew aleph-bet block set offers a great way to educate a child with family heritage as well as learning a language. This set includes 27 blocks made from sustainable Michigan basswood, featuring Hebrew letters, numerals, and animal pictures."
Korean Blocks Lil' Genius: "Learn a new language, or perfect the one you know with this stunning set, made from sustainable Michigan basswood. The Korean character 32 block set includes 22 animals, the numbers 1-10 in English and Korean, a word construction grid, all of the Korean consonants and vowels, and a puzzle. 32 1.75" cubes (44mm)block set includes 22 animals, the numbers 1-10 in English and Korean, a word construction grid, all of the Korean consonants and vowels, and a puzzle. 32 1.75" cubes (44mm) Ages 2+."
Pages: 1 · 2
- The Huntington: Expressionist Landscape Bit of Silvermine, Clivia and a Bronze Art Deco Lachaise Piece and a Passion Flower
- Yale's Canine Cognition Center: Dogs Are Smarter Than Humans About Receiving Bad Advice
- Lost: An Incredible Emporium
- How Many Kinds of Birds Are There and Why Does It Matter? Gifting at the American Museum of Natural History
- Hubert de Givenchy and Muse, Audrey Hepburn
- Finding a Dog at a Shelter: Berkeley Study Confirms That Identifying a Dog's Breed is Harder Than It Appears
- The Upheaval of a Broken Bar Stool and a 70-Gallon Fish Tank
- A Place for Healing and Reconciliation: National Museum Of African American History And Culture
- We Celebrate Smithsonian Craft to Wear
- A Sort of Drawing-Room Tobogganing Exercise: John Singer Sargent's Mrs. Carl Meyer and Her Children