Ferida Wolff's Backyard: Many Mushrooms and Squash, a Fruit and a Vegetable?
Editor's Note: When we first moved to California in the 1960s a friend gifted us with A Field Guide to Mushrooms: North America. See the Peterson Field Guide above. That gift revealed that mushroom hunting is an extremely popular hobby in the San Francisco Bay Area as well as in the northwestern part of the country. We have recently learned that the Puget Sound Mycological Society is one of the largest such societies in the United States.
Pages: 1 · 2
- Two From Ferida Wolff's Backyard: Blueberry Picking is Tasty Work! & The Greatness of Lake Erie
- Ferida Wolff's Backyard: The Lilac Presence, Blackberries and Raspberries and Useful Screening
- Ferida Wolff's Backyard: Winter is Getting Warmer - Really & The Beauty of the Unexpected
- Ferida Wolff's Backyard: Ghost Cat and Brrr — It's Cold Outside
- The Power of Poison and Unique Gifts at the American Museum of Natural History
- Ferida Wolff's Backyard Series: Pumpkins In the Patch, Halloween and After
- Ferida Wolff's Backyard Series: Tomatoes For All
- Summer Cookies: Aunt Rickie's Icebox, Mom''s Iced Orange Drop, Aunt Myrtle's Ginger and Jean's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
- Herb Planting, Groundcovers, Re-Growing Romaine Lettuce and Other Vegetables
- Why Are the Honey Bees Still Disappearing? A New Lawsuit Against the EPA and Gardening Tips for Attracting Bees
No feedback yet