Ferida's Wolff's Backyard Series: Lovely Lavender and Pretty Pinks
Editor's Note: Considered one of Jackson Pollock's most important 'drip' paintings, Number 1, 1950 (Lavender Mist) can be seen at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC or online: http://www.nga.gov/collection/gallery/20centpa/20centpa-55819.html
Pages: 1 · 2
- Creating a National Style: Painting Norway, Nikolai Astrup's Lush, Wild Landscapes and Traditional Way of Life at Home
- Everything’s Just Peachy: Salvaging An Infuriating Day
- Beauty's Awakening Exhibit, the Museum's Shop, and the Knight Trueheart's Quest to Find and Awaken "the Spirit of All Things Beautiful"
- Houses and Passageways: Vermeer's The Little Street Whereabouts in Delft
- CultureWatch Review, The Marriage of Opposites: Magic Realism Imbuing Emotion and Presentiments With An Exotic Setting
- Class Distinctions: Is the Sitter's Dress Made of Silk or Coarse Wool? Dutch Painting in the Age of Rembrandt and Vermeer
- Rings At the Cloisters: Declarations of Status, Expressions of identity and Protective Talismans
- It's Quarter To Three: Could it be that I am not alone in my wakeful state?
- Utterly Unsuitable
- An Invisible Barn Materializes; A Thought-provoking Folly