- 4 each lobster tails, 4oz.
- 1/4 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 gallon water
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine
- 3 each star anise
- 2 cups mirepoix, (medium, 1/4 inch dice of carrot, celery, onion and leek)
- 1 each large bowl of ice water
Combine all ingredients (except lobster) in an 8 quart pot and bring to a boil.
Place lobster tails in a another 8 quart pot and carefully pour boiling liquid over lobster tails and allow to steam for approximately 6 minutes.
Remove tails from liquid and place in ice water for 5 minutes to stop the cooking process. Remove tails from ice and begin to remove lobster meat from the shell.
Cut each lobster tail into 6 large pieces, place in oven safe dish and add 2 tablespoons of water to dish and cover with lid or foil. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Reheat lobster at time of service by placing it in a 170º F oven for approximately 15 minutes.
New England Clam Chowder Sauce: 4 servings
- 20 each little neck clams, rinsed in cold water
- 1/4 cup shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups clam juice, canned
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup carrot, small dice
- 1 cup celery, small dice
- 1 cup Yukon gold potato, small dice, peeled
- 1 cup leek, small dice
- 1/2 cup onion, small dice
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup tarragon, chop at the last minute