The Wonder of Will; 400 Years of Shakespeare From the Folger Library
"Join us in 2016 for The Wonder of Will, celebrating Shakespeare and his extraordinary legacy through special events, exhibitions, performances, and more — online, at the Folger Shakespeare Library, and across the United States!"
Watch The Wonder of Will Live on April 23 as we commemorate the day of Shakespeare's birth and death.
How do we know Shakespeare's plays? For many of them, the answer is one book: the 1623 First Folio. Without it, 18 plays, including Macbeth and The Tempest, could have been lost. In 2016, First Folio! The Book That Gave Us Shakespeare brings the First Folio to 50 states, Washington, and Puerto Rico.
In 2016, First Folio! The Book that Gave Us Shakespeare will bring the First Folio to all 50 states, Washington, DC, and Puerto Rico. The exhibition, which also includes panels, digital content, and local events, exclusively features First Folios from the Folger. Find the closest tour location to you.
In Shakespeare's play Hamlet, the Gravedigger appears briefly in Act V to perform a comic exchange with a fellow gravedigger before speaking to Hamlet and presenting him with the jester Yorick's skull. Our Gravedigger arrives with a trunk and a book and answers "questions" from the audience with pieces of text from Hamlet.
Pages: 1 · 2
- Strong Sisters: "When the going gets rough, they know I'm not the weak sister"
- How you can keep following the President Obama, First Lady Michelle, and others; White House Shareables
- Jo Freeman's Letter to Congressman Nadler About the Confirmation of Jeff Sessions and his Prosecution of Albert Turner in 1985
- Masterpiece's Victoria Drawn From the Queen's Diaries, an Eight-Part Drama
- New Year's Peeve! Forgetting Self-improvement Vows
- The US Government Owns Almost Half of the Land in the American West; Supporting Through Revenue-Sharing Programs
- Ever Wonder Why We Change Our Clocks? The Process of Adjusting to the Disruption in Circadian Rhythms
- A Website With USA Statistics About Women Experiencing Unwanted Sexual Touching
- Masterpiece Theater: Another Television Presentation of Gerald Durrell's My Family and Other Animals: The Durrells in Corfu
- Optics, Illusion and Paper Cut-Out Scenes: Paper Peep Shows at the Victoria and Albert Museum