Floor Action, Hearings & Bills Introduced: Terrorist Financing; Terrorist Sanctuaries, Threat to US Homeland & Sexual Violence
House Committee on Foreign Affairs (http://foreignaffairs.house.gov/live-video-feed)
Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, (R) representing Florida's 27thCongressional District, member of Foreign Affairs Subcommittee; Chairman of the Subcommittee on the Middle East and North Africa
Hearing: Women and Technology: Increasing Opportunity and Driving International Development — Nov 17, 2015 in Washington, DC
Mr. John Cassara, (Former Special Agent, US Department of the Treasury)
David Andrew Weinberg, Ph.D., Senior Fellow, Foundation for Defense of Democracies
Ms. Diane Foley, Founder, James W. Foley Legacy Foundation Inc.
Michael D. Danti, Ph.D., Academic Director of Cultural Heritage Initiatives, The American Schools of Oriental Research
Joint Hearing: The Rise of Radicalism: Growing Terrorist Sanctuaries and the Threat to the U.S. Homeland — Nov 18, 2015 in Washington, DC
Health — This week, the House is scheduled to consider S. 799, the Protecting Our Infants Act.
Employment/Violence Against Women — OnWednesday, the Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee will mark up several bills, including S. 2206, the Na tional Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Sexual Harassment and Assault Prevention Act.
Veterans — On Tuesday, the House Veterans Affairs Committee will hold a hearing on several bills, including H.R. 1603, the Military Sexual Assault Victims Empowerment Act.
International — On Tuesday, the House Foreign Affairs Committee will hold a hearing, “Women and Technology: Increasing Opportunity and Driving International Development.
Human Trafficking — On Thursday, the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee will hold a hearing on the committee's human trafficking investigation.
S. Res. 312— Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT)/Judiciary (11/10/15)—A resolution designating the week beginning November 8, 2015, as National Pregnancy Center Week to recognize the vital role that community-supported pregnancy centers (also known as pregnancy care and pregnancy resource centers) play in saving lives and serving women and men faced with difficult pregnancy decisions.
S. Res. 310—Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI)/Foreign Relations (11/9/15)—A resolution condemning the ongoing sexual violence against women and children from Yezidi, Christian, Shabak, Turkmen, and other religious communities by Islamic State of Iraq and Syria militants and urging the prosecution of the perpetrators and those complicit in these crimes.
S. 2264—Sen. Michael Bennet (D-CO)/Finance (11/10/15)—A bill to strengthen the child tax credit.
Violence Against Women
S. 2280—Sen. Dan Sullivan (R-AK)/considered and passed (11/10/15)—A bill to promote pro bono legal services as a critical way in which to empower survivors of domestic violence.
S. 2270—Sen Al Franken (D-MN)/Judiciary (11/10/15)—A bill to address voluntary location tracking of electronic communications devices, and for other purposes.
- USG/ERC Stephen O’Brien's Statement to the UN Security Council on Missions to Yemen, South Sudan, Somalia and Kenya
- Terrorism, Immigration, Economy: Which Do Voters Want to Hear the Most Debated? And, Support for Hillary Clinton Generally Tracks with Views of Obama’s job Performance
- Strengthening Public Television ... The Tide Has Turned: More About Nova and Downton Abbey
- The Political Impact of Terrorism
- Bills Introduced and Defeated: Denying Firearms, Child Protection, Women's Health Care, Eating Disorders, Family and Medical Leave
- In Wake of Paris, How Prepared Are US States, Cities?
- Have You Heard the Term Daesh for ISIS, ISIL? Terrorist Designations of Groups Operating in Syria
- Frontline's Rape on the Night Shift: As Most of Us Head Home, Janitors, Many of Them Women, Begin Their Work
- "Being captured is not just for journalists": A Hostage Policy Review Reportedly Near Completion
- How Severe is the Shortage of Substance Abuse Specialists?