Democratic House Sit-In: No Bill, No Break
Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) leads his colleagues in taking action on gun violence on the House Floor, June 22, 2016 ... to dramatize the need for action.
"We were elected to lead, Mr. Speaker. We must be headlights, and not taillights. We cannot continue to stick our heads in the sand and ignore the reality of mass gun violence in our nation. Deadly mass shootings are becoming more and more frequent. Mr. Speaker, this is a fact. It is not an opinion. We must remove the blinders. The time for silence and patience is long gone.
"We are calling on the leadership of the House to bring common-sense gun control legislation to the House Floor. Give us a vote. Let us vote. We came here to do our jobs. We came here to work. The American people are demanding action."
Watch coverage on C-Span:
- Lawmakers Look to Curb Foreign Influence in State Elections: Would They Bar Political Spending By Businesses In Which Non-US citizens Have a Significant Ownership Stake?
- Coretta Scott King: Jeff Sessions Would ‘Irreparably Damage’ My Husband’s Work
- Jo Freeman Writes An open letter to Donald Trump about the Women’s March on Washington
- Jo Freeman's Letter to Congressman Nadler About the Confirmation of Jeff Sessions and his Prosecution of Albert Turner in 1985
- Senate Confirmation Hearings Schedule for The Week Beginning on the 1/09/17 and Financial Disclosure Reports
- From the Scotus Blog: Lord and Lady Montague, Lord and Lady Capulet v. Friar Laurence Who Wanted to "Make Verona Great Again"
- Jo Freeman's Adventures in Hillaryland
- For Many Americans, Election Day Is Already Here: Early voting, Absentee Voting, What’s the difference?
- Having a Field Day With the Candidates: Judging Oratorical Skills of Hillary and Donald on the Trail
- Jo Freeman's Convention Diary: Organized Women at the Democratic Convention; More Events of, by and for Women Than Any Other Single Group