Despite decades of precedence and a constitutional responsibility, some Senators are refusing to give Chief Judge Merrick Garland, President Obama’s nominee to the Supreme Court, so much as a hearing. Young people are already frustrated by the partisan gridlock and hyper-partisanship in our nation’s capital, and expect more from our government. We need a fully-functioning, fully-staffed Supreme Court. Urge the following members of the Senate Judiciary Committee to do their job and fulfill their constitutional obligation by using our click-to-tweets below.
Meet Chief Judge Merrick Garland, the President's Nominee to the Supreme Court: What Generation Progress Is Doing
Meet Chief Judge Merrick Garland, the President's nominee to the Supreme Court:
Senator Patty Murray @PattyMurray ... "Since 1875, every Supreme Court nominee has received a Senate hearing or a vote."
From the group, Generation Progress*:
*Our Mission - Generation Progress
Generation Progress is a national organization that works with and for young people to promote progressive solutions to key political and social challenges. Formerly known as Campus Progress, we are expanding our programs in activism, journalism, policy research and advocacy to engage all Millennials, not just those on college campuses. Generation Progress engages a diverse group of young people nationwide, inspires them to embrace progressive values, provides them with essential trainings, and helps them to make their voices heard—and to push policy outcomes in a strongly progressive direction.
- Stumbling on Secrets
- Election 2016: What Do the Models Say About Who Will Win in November?
- Our Eyes Turn Towards the North: Senior Women in Canada
- On The Trail: Bernie Calls for Free Tuition Despite Opposition
- Bitter Primaries Hurt High-profile Candidates’ Chances in the General Election
- Hands in the Dough; The Sound the Hot Loaves Made When You "Thumped" Them to See If They Were Done
- A Goodbye to Nancy Reagan; a Long Goodbye to 'Ronnie'
- Smaller Share of Women Ages 65 and Older are Living Alone; More are Living With Spouse or Children
- Who is the Expert on Marriage? A Typical Breadth of Experience by Today’s Younger Generation
- In An Absense of Action: Executive Actions to Reduce Gun Violence and Make Communities Safer