Bills Passed: The Katie Sepich Enhanced DNA Collection Act of 2012; Reducing Preterm Delivery; Strengthening Investigations of Sex Offenders & Missing Children
From Women's Policy, Inc; Bills Passed. December 21st
House Passes Bill to Reduce Preterm Delivery
On December 19, the House passed the Prematurity Research Expansion and Education for Mothers who deliver Infants Early (PREEMIE) Reauthorization Act (S. 1440), as amended.
Senate Passes Sex Offender Bill
On December 17, the Senate passed the Strengthening Investigations of Sex Offenders and Missing Children Act (S. 1792).
House Passes DNA Collection Bill
On December 18, the House approved the Katie Sepich Enhanced DNA Collection Act of 2012 (H.R. 6014). Full Text of H.R. 6014: Katie Sepich Enhanced DNA Collection Act of ...
On December 20, the Senate adopted a resolution (S. Res. 439) expressing the sense of the Senate that Village Voice Media Holdings, LLC should eliminate the “adult entertainment” section of the classified advertising website Backpage.com.
S. 3705 ---- Sen. Max Baucus (D-MT)/Finance (12/21/12) --- A bill to establish a commission to develop a national strategy and recommendations for reducing fatalities resulting from child abuse and neglect.
S. 3708 ---- Sen. Jon Kyl (R-AZ)/Judiciary (12/21/12) --- A bill to encourage reporting of child abuse.
S. 3704 ---- Sen. Jon Kyl (R-AZ)/Judiciary (12/20/12) --- A bill to clarify the authorized uses of funds in the Crime Victims Fund.
H.R. 6691 ---- Rep. Bobby Scott (D-VA)/Judiciary (12/20/12) --- A bill to establish and operate a National Center for Campus Public Safety.
H.R. 6673 ---- Rep. Steve Israel (D-NY)/Education and the Workforce, Oversight and Government Reform, House Administration (12/17/12) --- A bill to amend the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 to provide leave because of the death of a son or daughter.
- Congressional Bills Introduced and An Update to the Secure Our Smartphones Initiative
- In Mississippi, Identities of Pardon Applicants Must Be Public
- 'Castle Doctrine' Laws Provoke Heated Debate
- Growing Quality of Life: Urban Trees, Birth Weight, and Crime
- Urban Institute Finds Surveillance Cameras Are Cost-Effective Tools for Cutting Crime
- Bills Introduced: Crime, Employment, Health, Violence Against Women
- Bills Introduced for Possible Enactment
- Current Reading: Doctors Overlook Signs of Child Abuse
No feedback yet