General Mills Flour Recall Relating to E. coli Illnesses: Do Not Eat Uncooked Dough or Batter Made With Raw Flour
General Mills has recalled several types of flour due to E. coli illnesses the US Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have linked to eating uncooked dough and batter made with raw flour. See below link to the FDA for additional recalls
All products included in this recall are listed below. Illnesses have NOT come from properly baked or cooked flour.
Remember do not eat uncooked dough or batter made with raw flour. Flour is made from wheat that is grown outdoors where bacteria are often present. Flour is typically not treated to kill bacteria during the normal milling process.
[Editor's Note:Additional current recalls: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ ]
- Do not eat or taste dough or batter made with raw flour.
- Properly cook or bake food made with flour. Bacteria (such as E. coli) that might be found in the raw flour will be eliminated.
- Check your pantry and throw away any products that match the recalled products listed below. If possible, save the product name, UPC (bar code) and Better if Used By Date to help our Consumer Relations team assist you with a replacement coupon. If you no longer have the flour package or have any doubts, throw away the flour.
- If you have any questions about this recall or need a replacement coupon for any product included in this recall, complete this form or call our Consumer Relations team at 1-800-230-8103.
Want more information?
Read our blog about our ongoing work with the Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control, and the following media releases:
- May 31 flour recall media release
- July 1 expanded flour recall media release
- July 11 Two flavors of Betty Crocker cake mix recalled media release
- July 25 expanded retail flour recall media release
(Bold face "Recalled Better if Used By Dates" below are new as of July 25, 2016.)
Package UPC 000-16000-18980
Recalled Better if Used by Dates 23FEB2017KC through 30MARCH2017, 14MAY2017PK
Package UPC 000-16000-10710
Recalled Better if Used by Dates 15MAY2017KC through 05JUN2017KC, 11JUN2017KC, 12JUN2017KC, 13JUN2017KC, 14JUN2017KC, 18JUN2017KC, 01AUG2017KC, 13AUG2017KC through 21AUG2017KC
Package UPC 000-16000-12670
Recalled Better if Used by Dates 21MAY2017KC, 03JUN2017KC, 01AUG2017KC, 19AUG2017KC, 20AUG2017KC, 21AUG2017KC
Package UPC 000-16000-10610
Recalled Better if Used by Dates 15MAY2017KC through 25MAY2017KC, 27MAY2017KC thru 31MAY2017KC, 01JUN2017KC, 03JUN2017KC through 05JUN2017KC, 11JUN2017KC through 14JUN2017KC, 18JUN2017KC, 01AUG2017KC, 13AUG2017KC through 21AUG2017KC
Package UPC 000-16000-10410
Recalled Better if Used by Dates 16MAY2017KC through 20MAY2017KC, 02JUN2017KC, 03JUN2017KC, 05JUN2017KC, 18JUN2017KC, 01AUG2017KC
Package UPC 000-16000-10650
Recalled Better if Used by Dates 15MAY2017KC
Package UPC 000-16000-10410
Recalled Better if Used by Dates 03JUN2017KC, 04JUN2017KC, 05JUN2017KC
Pages: 1 · 2
- Hospitalized Patients Treated by Female Physicians Show Lower Mortality, Readmission Rates; "The difference in mortality rates surprised us"
- New Ammunition For An Appeal: Judge Accepts Medicare’s Plan To Remedy Misunderstanding On Therapy Coverage
- The National Trend Toward Pushing Cannabis into Mainstream Culture; Seniors Increasingly Getting High
- "Like Putting an Arsonist in Charge of Fighting Fires"; "[Pruitt] Has Fought Environmental Protection Agency Pollution Limits on Toxic Substances Like Soot and Mercury"
- Oldest Adults May Have Much to Gain from Social Technology: Feeling Less Lonely, More Satisfied and Physically Fit
- The NIH and Harvard Health Newsletter Explain A Post-Election Question: What is Broken Heart Syndrome
- Our Eyes Turn Towards the North: Senior Women in Canada
- Turn Off the Newsfeed or Take a Digital Break! Election Stress in America
- Preventing Vital Health Care Information from Being Lost in Translation: A Third of All US Hospitals Don't Offer Language Services At All
- From the CDC: Flu Vaccines Have Been Updated This Season to Better Match Circulating Viruses